quinta-feira, janeiro 24, 2008

In 26 years I've drunk fifty thousand beers

"Troubles, no troubles, on the line, & I can't stand
to see you, I can't stand to see you when you're
crying at home. Scotch & penicillin, please try
Carlton, a cold black maple hanger & husbands
on the run I just got back from a dream attack
that took me by surprise & in there I met a lady,
her name was Shady Sides & she said, "It's been
evening all day long, evening all day long & how can
something so old be so wrong". Sin and gravity drag
me down to sleep to dream of trains across the sea,
trains across the sea. Half hours on earth, what are they worth, I don't know.
In 27 years I've drunk fifty thousand beers
& they just wash against me like the sea into a pier...."



(Trains across the sea, Silver Jews)

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Pois então, "Happy birthday, Mr. President!"(ainda que atrasados, valem o que valem)...que o restart do sistema tenha decorrido sem problemas!